Write for Us
Alliance Life Writers' Guidelines
- Alliance Life is the official magazine of The Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA). The circulation is more than 18,000 copies of each 24-page issue. We print monthly.
- Our purpose is to show God at work in and through His people, featuring the worldwide work of The Christian and Missionary Alliance. Our magazine mix consists of articles about C&MA missions, changed lives, family life and subjects of current evangelical interest. Manuscripts should be 800 to 1,400 words in length. Articles written for specific departments, such as Pastor’s Corner, should be no more than 850 words. We prefer electronic submissions. (See e-mail address below.)
- Typically, our subscribers are adult evangelical Christians, not necessarily members of the C&MA. They are predominantly Americans, but many are Canadians and there is a scattering of other readers around the world. Our missionaries and overseas workers receive the magazine and often contribute articles.
- We normally do not reprint articles from other publications. Occasionally we excerpt a brief section of a relevant book by a C&MA author. We rarely publish poetry.
- We look for articles that treat truth in a fresh way. The style should be lively; the material interesting. Good imagery, illustrations and descriptive detail are important. Avoid trite words and phrases. Strong leads, often using anecdotes or compelling narrative, are important. All articles are edited for Alliance Life style and length.
- Photographs always make stories more appealing. We prefer action shots rather than pictures of buildings or posed individuals or groups. If you send us prints, they will be returned after publication. If you e-mail pictures, they should be 300 dpi or higher, and as large as possible. Be sure to include proposed captions.
- While content is more compelling to us than form, we are thankful for manuscripts that are in good grammatical shape. Arrange the material logically. Keep sentences relatively simple. Include information about yourself in two or three sentences for the author I.D. We also print photos of authors with each article; if yours is selected for publication, you’ll be contacted for a photo.
- You need not include return postage, but include your full name, address, phone numbers and e-mail, if applicable. If we feel we cannot use your submission, we will return it. Also, we work at least five to six months in advance of issue dates. For example, a Christmas article must be submitted by July.
- Alliance Life does not pay for most articles. Writers whose articles are printed know that their messages will be read and appreciated by a wide evangelical audience. Each author retains all future rights to his or her work.
Submitting Your Article—You may submit your article electronically using the Contact Us page.
The Christian and
8595 Explorer Drive
Colorado Springs, CO 80920